And if not, He is still good


Life is long and short,
tiring and satisfying, 
painful and joyful.

Life is yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Life is history and hope.

My life is a gift I didn't ask for.
The most precious gift I will ever receive.
How could I have despised it so many times?
How many times will I continue to despise it?


My life is empty without the one who created me.
My life is nothing without the one who created me.

My?
There is no 'my'.
My life doesn't belong to me,
though I act as it does.

It is his,
His life.

His life is empty without the one who created me.
His life is nothing without the one who created me.

In the middle of the night he comes to assure me.
To embrace all nonsense and pain and difficulties of my(His) life.
He acts in the hardest times...
...not by rescuing me, but by holding me.
...not by taking the pain away, but by carrying it for me.
...not by giving me affection, but by loving me.

Because he is good.
He is good when things are not.
He is good when there is darkness.
He is good when changes happen.
He is good when sadness comes.
He is good when hope goes.
He is good when I feel lonely.
He is good when I feel lost.
He is good when I don't feel.
He is good all the time.

In his goodness I can rest.
In his goodness I can cry.
In his goodness I can dream.
In his goodness I can see.
In his goodness I can breath.
In his goodness I can pray.
In his goodness I can love.

He never leaves. 
He is here.
Life is good, when it is His.






"If this be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But if he not, be it known to you,O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up." (Daniel 3:17-18)







February 22, 2020. London

Comments

Popular Posts