Highway

Life is a beautiful journey full of options.

It's a one way road trip.
It's a highway with many exits.


Sometimes we pick the wrong exit.
Sometimes we miss the exit.

But it doesn't matter because God leads us to a U turn.

I love U turns.

Yes.
There is always a U turn close by.
It might be difficult to find the sign.
However, we can always ask for directions.



What about if we get lost?

It's okay.
Let's enjoy the visit.

We can slow down.
Stop.
Stretch the legs.
Take a breath.




Usually I keep myself straight on the highway.
A non-stop race.
An exhausted one.


Every once in a while I have a break and take the next exit.
If I can't find a place to rest I switch on my GPS.
My parents gave it to me when I was a child.
It's the best present I could have ever asked for.

Sometimes I can't understand what He says.
Sometimes the path is too foggy, too blurry.
Sometimes the directions He gives me are not clear enough.
And most of the times I decide to not follow them.

But He never gives up. He is constantly redirecting me through the right way.

- Be quiet, please. Leave me alone. I want an adventure! I can find my own way without you, you know?- I tell him.
+ That's fine. But I won't quit. I will always be right here. Next to you. Whenever you are ready to go back, just turn it on.






The highway might go up and down.
It might have bumps.
It might have a lot of sharp bends.
It might seem to go nowhere.
It might be too long.
Too tired.
Too fast.


But, remember:




There is always the next exit.






















"Encountering Jesus can give a decisive direction to our life, filling it with meaning"


October 18, 2017. Siberia.

Comments

Popular Posts